What to expect in your consultation
During a hair loss consultation, Dr. Garnis-Jones examines their hair and carefully examines a patient’s medical history. Before making a diagnosis, prognosis and treatment plan for their hair loss, Dr. Garnis-Jones may need to request extensive blood tests to determine if part of the hair loss problem is related to hormone issues or other internal problems such as a lack of vitamins. In some cases a biopsy will need to be taken of the scalp. Typically, there is a 3-4 week wait for the results of blood tests and biopsy’s. We understand the time-sensitive nature of losing your hair and appreciate the patience required for the dermatologist to make the necessary investigations.
Covered by MSP
Thorough assessment of medical history
Begin investigations into hair loss causes
Obtain blood test requisition (labs will waive fee with requisition from a specialist)
Receive scalp biopsy if necessary
Learn more about available prescription medication or non-prescription treatments
Proven Hair Loss Treatments
01. Anaphase Shampoo: The only shampoo that promotes the absorption of minoxidil. Also, promotes blood supply in the scalp.
02. Creastim Lotion: Used for occasional hair loss caused by stress, strict diets, after childbirth or change of season.
03. Neoptide Lotion for Women and Men: For hair loss over 6 months
04. Anacaps: A food supplement for hair and nails
05. Keravive Peptide Complex Spray: Delivers a hyper-concentrated blend of biomimetic growth factors and skin proteins that hydrate and nourish the
If your hair loss is caused by an underlying disease, treatment for that disease may be necessary with prescription medication.
01. Platelet-Rich-Plasma (PRP) Injections
Involves the injection of your own platelets into the scalp
- Increases the blood supply to the follicle
- Increases the thickness of the hair
- Triggers and maintains the growing phase of the hair follicle
- Decreases the hair loss by maintaining the growth phase
02. Kenalog Injections
Involves injecting small amounts of cortisone into the scalp in order to decrease the inflammation around the follicle
03. Keravive Hydrascalp Therapy
HydraFacial Keravive is a unique, relaxing treatment designed to cleanse, stimulate, nourish, and hydrate the scalp for fuller and healthier-looking hair. The benefits of a healthy scalp are critically important, yet not widely understood. Any patient who has concerns about thinning or damaged hair can benefit by improving the health of their scalp. Poor scalp health can be a major contributor to damaged and thinning hair and inhibit the growth of healthy hair.